Thursday, October 1, 2015

I've been told... it's better than Starbucks...

Since this week was National Coffee Day I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes that goes really well with coffee... and is perfect for any party, holiday... or just getting together with friends... it's my Better Than Starbucks Coffee Cake... 

Whenever I make this I always here... the oooo's... aaaahhhhh's and mmmmmmmm's! Everyone raves about this simple, easy to make Coffee Cake... and then I hear it... "This Coffee Cake is better than Starbucks!!"... which always makes me smile and I take as a great compliment!

I love serving it at parties... holidays... or just getting together with friends. I recently I made it and received the same ooooo's and ahhhh's... and yummmmm's! It's nice to hear that and old family recipe still makes you savor every bite. I think recipes which have been passed down through generations are the BEST! They never fail... they're always the best... are easy to make... turn out perfect... and always taste delicious!! And as my husband always says... "This is a keeper!"

So, enjoy this coffee cake next time you are having a party... enjoying coffee with friends... or just want something delicious for your family!!  It really is something to be shared! And, now I'm off for another cup of coffee... and maybe some coffee cake too! 

Coffee Cake
Batter:
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Flour
3 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Salt

Topping:
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
4-5 Tbsp. Melted Butter over top

• Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Prepare 11"x17"x2" baking pan OR a bunt pan.
• In medium bowl, using an electric mixer, mix above ingredients together.
• Pour batter in the prepared pan.
• Combine together and sprinkle it over the top of the batter
• Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment